Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring has sprung!

It's about time. Finally Spring is here. Now all I have to do to enjoy it is put up my umbrella and go outside!

Actually, as I write this, the forecast is for a stunning next 3 days: 70-75 everyday. That is my kind of weather! I got my mason bee house out so they can begin doing their thing, the roses have already been pruned so they are ramping up for the season, and my sweet peas have not only emerged, but are beginning their ascent to beauty. It's going to be a fantastic Spring.

One of the things that hits me each year at this time is how God rejoices in making all things "new," better than they ever were before. What we could never accomplish on our own, he does for us in new ways every day.

One morning this last week as Betty and I were praying, we thanked the Lord in advance for the fresh, new things he would do in our church in this new season. Hardly had I finished that prayer and arrived at work, but I found myself in a staff meeting experiencing a response to that prayer. All sorts of wonderful new things were on the horizon, truly turning a new page in the life of our church. That is so very God!

Remembering that God delights in doing all things "new," are you looking for God to do fresh things in your life in the months ahead? My prayer is that you move into a great season of God's life and love!

Blessings,

Bill

No comments: