Monday, August 4, 2008

It was a great day!

At least for the believer, Sunday is always a great day. We had a wonderful time of fellowship with the folks here at CC Jax yesterday. I filled in for the pastor so he could have a week off with his family. Two of the couples from the Proton program were with us as well. That was a great encouragement, and a good time with a special group of God's people.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from Paul Young's visit to Crossroads. Praise the Lord! Now if people will only take to heart everything he communicated. Isn't it remarkable how difficult it seems to be to understand that God really does love us, that his main goal as God is not to pounce on us for our failures? Isn't it refreshing to know that God delights in bringing us all to health and wholeness?

For those who didn't get a chance to hear Paul, make sure you visit our website and listen to both of the messages, because they were different from one another: www.crossroadschurch.net. When you go to the archived messages, both of them are up for yesterday. And make certain to listen to both because they are different from one another. One really enhances the other.

Because I've known HB London for many years, I know that the Crossroads folks are in for another treat next Sunday. Because he has been a pastor for many years as well as headed up the pastor's area for Focus on the Family for an equally long time, he is in a unique position to speak to the church. I can't wait to catch up on what he has to say!

Betty has the opportunity to hear Anne Graham Lotts tomorrow night. She is speaking at First Baptist JAX (about 6 blocks from us) as the kick off of a "Just give me Jesus" crusade she will be doing here in February. I think Fernando Ortega is going to be with her as well. What a team!

Well, 27 down and 14 to go! I had my 27th appointment early this morning as I entered into the last-three-week countdown. It went smoothly, for which I'm thankful. Since having the "boost" last week, I'm experiencing a few of the pesky side-effects again, but I know I will get adjusted to those one way or another, and they will go away after treatment ends. We just continue to be thrilled that God made this form of treatment possible, and are thankful for it each and every day.

Remember: this is the day the Lord has made, so rejoice and be glad in it!

Blessings,

Bill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul Young will have to go down into the Hall of fame for speakers at the Church. He was sooooo amazing. Very raw and real, very powerful impact on people. One very new christian friend of mine told me that he had never wept so hard in his life. The most exciting thing to me about this summer is that so many non christians are getting exposure to the Good News at our chruch. Just in the last two weeks I've met 5 non churched people who were invited by friends at Crossroads. Wow! Praise God!

Unknown said...

Bill,
thanks for having Paul Young speak. I just finished the book yesterday as well as watching the sermon from off of your website.....it was amazing!