Monday, August 25, 2008

One key word...

DONE!


With that in mind, here's the deal as to what this means. With proton therapy, cure is a process (as is true with all cancers). Although the proton therapy has greatly inflamed my prostate, my PSA is already falling. That is a good thing, and doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes right after treatment it even goes higher than it was before you started treatment. To be honest, I wish it had fallen like a rock, but I will rejoice in the change that has already begun to happen. I will continue to have blood draws every 3 months to monitor what is happening with my PSA. It may go up and down for a bit, and will take up to 24 months to know exactly the outcome. As I stay committed to doing the things that build my immune system, and as the sterilized cancer cells continue to die off, I will see the total healing.

I so appreciate your prayers over these last few months, and hope they continue. As I said before, I will say more about proton therapy on the blog because I am so committed to its efficacy. I simply cannot say enough good things about my treatment here

May you have a blessed day. I know we are going to!

Bill

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praises to our wonderful Savior...We look forward to seeing you and Betty soon...Have a wonderful trip home...With love and prayers......Dee & Don

Judy said...

Bill,

Prayers are being answered. Praise God!!

The Chicken Lady said...

Waaaahhhhooooo!!!! Stinkin' Cancer Cells....TAKE THAT! Enjoy being back home in the great PNW, with your family and friends. I hear it's sunny there. :)

Anonymous said...

We are all so excited ur doing well!!! We are also excited to know we are getting our pastor and friend back!! Im glad the Lord kept this experience fun (for the most part) and you were able to learn new things! Katie Boyle