Friday, August 1, 2008

One day at a time...

Well, it's 26 down and 15 to go. That means just 3 weeks!!! Wow! In some ways I supposed that can seem like a long time. But knowing what all goes on, it will shoot by like a flash. We don't know for certain we can actually finish on Aug 22nd, and in fact aren't scheduled to come home until the next week (because you have to allow for potential cancellations due to electrical storms, etc.). But we're hoping things just perk along, and we will then be able to change our flight time (depending on availability and cost).

At the same time we can't wait to get home, we don't want to "wish the time away." If there is anything we know to be true, it is that we are to "redeem the time," to take seriously every moment we have to make it count for eternity. That's easier said than done, especially when you're so caught up in what lies ahead that you neglect what's staring you in the face. We have learned so very much while we've been here, and we don't want to miss any of the great things yet to be learned. So we will take it one day at a time. Somehow I think that's how we're supposed to approach life all the time, don't you think?

I'm jealous for those of you at home because you get to hear Paul Young this coming Sunday. Aside from the fact that his book The Shack has been #1 on the NY Times fiction best-seller list, he is an incredibly cool guy. I am privileged to call him my friend, and as soon as you hear him, you will feel as though he's your friend as well. I know many of you are bringing friends, so make certain to get there early - lots of visitors are coming. As for us, actually our little church here is going to be having a guest speaker as well - me! Since I've heard me before, it won't be nearly as exciting as hearing your guest. But we are praying that the Lord will use the time powerfully. I've invited one of the radiology techs to come join us, and I'm hopeful she will.

Tonight we ate at a fantastic restaurant: Bonefish Grill. Betty and I both had Grouper with a mango salsa. It was a most delicious meal, actually made possible by a gift from a ladies bible study at Crossroads. God bless them! Man was the food fantastic. Actually it was the best meal we've had the entire time we've been here (aside from B's great cooking, that is!).

May you find God's richest blessing as you move into this weekend!

Bill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We just returned from first service. Although I work with Krissie Boyle and have heard so much about Paul over the years, I was simply blown away! I've been going to church all my life, yet have NEVER heard our lives and relationship with God through Christ so simply and powerfully explained. I'll never be the same. I regret that I didn't find out about my "shack" earlier; it would have made such a big difference in my walk with the Lord.

I thank the Lord for Paul and you for inviting him to speak while you're on radiation vacation.

See ya soon, God's speed;
Marshall Wills

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill! Glad you put up the blog! Before you know it, you WILL be home! Do you think the congregation really misses you though? I mean, they've been treated to some pretty cool guest speakers :-)

I listened to William Young this morning. Although I've never read the book 'The Shack', I certainly do 'get it' now that I've listened to him. That's one transparent dude!

Blessings on you!

Scott