Friday, July 25, 2008

But who's counting?

Today I finished my twenty-first treatment. That means I only have twenty to go, now over half way. While I might not be able to smell the barn, at least I know I'm getting a whole lot closer!

I have heard such wonderful reports about the fellows who have been teaching at Crossroads. You would almost think God had a hand in choosing them. Isn't he great?

Betty and I have joined thousands of others in praying for the family of Greg and Cathe Laurie in the death of their son, Christopher ("Topher"). He died in a traffic accident on his way to work at Harvest Fellowship yesterday, leaving a wife, a little girl, and another on the way. For those of you who don't know his dad, Greg is the pastor of Harvest Fellowship in Riverside, CA, a very popular evangelist and fellow Calvary Chapel pastor. I've known Greg for many years. He is one of the most creative and energetic guys you will ever meet. What a tragic loss! I know you will join me in praying for everybody concerned.

I don't usually do two blogs in one day. Then again, I don't usually finish over half my treatments! PTL!!

Bill

PS - I didn't have a picture of myself leaping into the air, arms raised high. But the feeling's there, nonetheless

3 comments:

Brad Blosser said...

Dear brother Bill and sister Betty,

My heart leaped when i heard that you had cancer.
My mom is a survivor of 40 years from Breast cancer and 40 years ago treatment wasn't nearly as good as it is now. She's a spitfire and still has a mean left hook.

With everything going on in your life you probably don't remember me but until recently i was on the lightboard team with John and Phil and Ray. We talked once after your mom died about the pain of losing a parent, i had recently lost my dad who fought a losing battle with Alzheimer's for 13 years.

My wife and I are praying for your family during this time.

My wife and I stopped attending crossroads back in April, mostly because I got a job up in Anchorage Alaska and that's quite a drive on Sunday mornings.

We've been attending 3 churches up here because they're all so good we can't make our minds up. South Anchorage Calvary Chapel, Anchorage Baptist Temple and ChangePoint which is Alaska's biggest church.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of old timers by your side but i just want you to know if you ever need someone to talk to and no one else is available just drop me a line at itdaized@ak.net or call my cell at 907-250-8937.

I can't believe God is through with you yet so hang in there and think of it this way... you didn't have that much hair to lose :-)

God bless,
Brad and Teresa Blosser

Unknown said...

We don't have a picture of US leaping in the air, arms raised high either....but know that we are excited for you too. Jerry and Suzann

Nortons said...

Pastor Bill: My husband and I have a summer home in Vancouver, visited many churches last year during our first summer as residents and settled at Crossroads for many reasons. We received the news of your cancer and immediately began praying that the Lord would use this time in your life for His glory. I was a bit disappointed that you would not be giving the messages while we are in VanWa this summer; but, I must say we have been blessed beyond what we could ever have imagined - listening to the messages from guest speakers.. WOW! However, we continue to pray that you will be home soon and we will get a chance to hear you - and see you in the pulpit before heading back home to CA in September.
I am thankful that you have such a supportive body of believers at Crossroads that lift you and Betty in prayer during this "vacation". We know that the Lord knows our needs and He knew that the two of you needed a restful vacation - that you would not have taken - had it not been for the treatment availability in Florida.
We are from CA and LOVE Greg Laurie and have lifted him, his wife, Son Jonathan and daugther-in-law in prayer for the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time. Harvest Crusade will be this month and we have heard Pastor Laurie will "press on" as planned. Praise God that they will see "Topher" again.
Just wanted to let you know that prayers have been lifted for you from our home church in CA and we look forward to seeing you soon.
We are thankful that the "worship" time at Crossroads continues to bless us.
The Norton's - Dave & Kathy